• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Rambling thoughts

    Sunday, October 22, 2006

    Rambling thoughts

    Sandra's criteria for choosing a guy:
    1. moderately sane
    2. picks up his own socks

    She figures these are the 'must-have' criteria. I am so glad she doesn't have the same criteria for the girl.... I would so fail :-) Well, I do pick up my socks. Most of the time. :-)

    Today was caring ministry day.... We read the Prayer of St Francis, which I find touching:
    Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
    Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
    where there is injury, pardon;
    where there is doubt, faith;
    where there is despair, hope;
    where there is darkness, light;
    and where there is sadness, joy.
    O, Divine Master,
    grant that I may not so much seek
    to be consoled as to console;
    to be understood as to understand;
    to be loved as to love;
    for it is in giving that we receive;
    it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
    and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
    I have difficulty with the personified deity theology - but still, lovely poem. We sang a version of it last year but I can't remember the composer and google seems to be obsessed with Sarah McLachlan...

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home