• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Three Strikes

    Saturday, October 14, 2006

    Three Strikes

    Seems our politicians think life is a game - a baseball game more specifically. Stephen Harper proposes to introduce a "Three Strikes You're Out" law.

    We all make mistakes. I know I made and make many. Shouldn't forgiveness be unlimited? Should we not accept our friends for who they are, and extend our hand?

    Are we going to say, "sorry, you pissed me off three times, that's it?".
    I don't think so.

    Thank you my friends. For being there. For feeding me beer when I'm thirsty. For walking with me when I can't see the path.

    My friend, are you asked to be a hero? Are you asked to bear a cross that's too heavy? Should you wait till you break to say it is too heavy? Where will your light be when you've broken?
    "I can’t do this, Sam."
    "I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something."
    "What are we holding on to Sam?"
    "That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for." [Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers]
    Motel: "Even a poor tailor is entitled to some happiness!" -- Fiddler on the Roof
    Think about the lonely people
    Then think about the day she found you
    Or lie to yourself
    And see it all dissolve around you

    She says she has no time
    For you now
    She says she has no time
    For you now
    She says she has no time

    Lonely people tumble downwards
    My heart opens up to you
    -- Keane, "She Has No Time"
    Now, of course, if any of you turn out to be an axe murderer, that's it. First strike. :-)

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    For the weight which I may carry, my head maybe down but I see the light.
    My spirit may seem broken and my happiness unfound, yet I still see the light.

    My eyes may not focus, often failing the clearance of green light status,
    in my heart I know of the light.

    It may be afar for the moment but the moment shall pass. Thank you for sharing your light.

    Love is not a sacrifice, Love is an honour.
    ---
    No eye check required. BTW, would craziness count as a strike? ;-)

    October 15, 2006 1:36 a.m.  
    Blogger Jet (Anat) said...

    :-) Thank you my sweet friend

    October 16, 2006 10:27 a.m.  

    Post a Comment

    << Home