• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Time

    Tuesday, July 18, 2006

    Time

    So it has been 2 months.... A blip and an eternity. I'm learning... learning who I am when there's only me. Learning who I am meeting old and new friends. The choices I make tell me something.

    Learning that in my new place, there are many like me. What is happening? Did I just never see this before? Here, the question 'is Saskia here this week' is so logical.

    And I'm trying to find out if saying 'arrrhgh me hearties' will actually solve issues by striking fear into the heart of my opponents. No luck so far. I may have to purchase a cutlass and an eyepatch to look more fierce. :-) Besides, the guy from Revenue Canada looked too gentle to try it on (such a nice guy, from Tanzania originally, we had a great chat about the Serengetti desert).
    Did I mention that we went to see the "Pirates of the Caribbean"?

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    see... if you add the "gh" to "arrrrr" then it's no longer pirate-like.

    Stick to "yarrrr!", and all will be good.

    July 23, 2006 3:48 p.m.  

    Post a Comment

    << Home