• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Lunar

    Thursday, February 02, 2006

    Lunar



    We're singing "Sing me to Heaven" on Sunday. Here's the text:

    In my heart's sequestered chambers
    lie truths stripped of poet's gloss
    Words alone are vain and vacant
    and my heart is mute
    In response to aching silence, memory summons half-heard voices
    and my soul finds primal eloquence, and wraps me in song, wraps me in song
    If you would comfort me, sing me a lullaby
    If you would win my heart, sing me a love song
    If you would mourn me and bring me to God, sing me a requiem

    Touch in me
    all love and passion, pain and pleasure
    Touch in me
    grief and comfort; love and passion, pain and pleasure
    Sing me a lullaby, a love song, a requiem
    Love me, comfort me, bring me to God:
    Sing me a love song
    Sing me to heaven

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home