• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Who am I

    Wednesday, October 19, 2005

    Who am I

    What defines an individual?
    Reading David Lodge's "Thinks" which is very funny, sexy and insightful. One of the ideas about who we are is, of course, that we are the story we write...

    If so, what does it mean when the story is disjointed? Who am I if my story disappears from time to time?
    A relationship too, is a story. Retelling and sharing the stories. But what if they are not the same story?

    Am I the story I tell? Or the story others tell about me? When I'm no longer there, the stories of others will be all that's left.

    Bruce and Scott talked about their Gitsan first nations stories. How many of the stories are being lost as time passes. They still have recordings - but no-one to translate. What a loss of identity.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home