• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: New Year's Day

    Tuesday, October 04, 2005

    New Year's Day

    Happy Rosh Hashannah...

    At the start of this calendar year I told a friend about my New Year's resolutions...
    to love better; be a better friend; and to listen better. He said that as far as he could see, I was already there. I did/do not believe him.

    Don says we are exactly who God wants us to be. To pretend otherwise is from sitra achra, the other side.

    We are the choices we make.

    [Asher Lev's father] "An animal can't help it, " my father said. "Do you understand me, Asher? The Ribbono Shel Olom gave every man a will. Every man is responsible for what he does, because he has a will and with that will he directs his life. There is no such thing as a man who can't help it."

    [Asher Lev to HaShem] "If You don't want me to use the gift, why did You give it to me?"
    -- Chaim Potok, Asher Lev
    Be the best you can be. O my, this is starting to sound like a jingle.

    Kelrond: Who's says everything you have is a gift? Why couldn't some of it be a curse?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home