• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Vorever V-Day

    Wednesday, February 14, 2007

    Vorever V-Day

    I have been writing the Valentine's cards with Saskia. In elementary school there is one rule, that is that *everybody* gets a card. No favourites. 25 cards for each child to write, to have a Hershey Kiss to be taped on and clean up the wrappers of those kisses that didn't actually make it onto the card. I like this approach, it means that there are no kids left out. You know that otherwise there will be someone left out. As children we would also all know who it is, the one child in the class that doesn't quite fit in, who laughs awkwardly, who can't quite run fast enough and has to bully his little brother and eat both lunches to feel better.

    Grown-ups, however.... grownups....... grownups don't write 25 cards. They may not write any. They may not receive any. They may not write the card they should write. Or they may write the card they shouldn't.

    I hate being single on Valentines day. No eyes to melt away in. No arms wrapped around you, feeling the warm security of enfolding love. No card from someone where you read every word so many times because you can hear his voice and see his smile. When times are dark, it is so wonderful to know you are loved. When times are good, feeling loved makes the sun shine so much warmer and the air so much fresher. And to love someone...
    Am I repeating myself??? :-)

    I love being single on Valentines day. There's a great big world out there. I am getting to be whole again. I know there's love out there waiting for me once I'm open to seeing it again. Thank you all my friends for the love. Thank you for sharing the movie with me. Thank you for feeding me. Thank you for laughing with me. Thank you for crying with me. Thank you for holding me.

    Happy Valentines Day.

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    *HUGS* ...and you can return that with a slap if you want...I should have added you to msn a long time ago! Anyways, hope to talk soon.

    February 19, 2007 7:43 p.m.  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I laughed with you, loved you, fed you, hugged you, held you ...no crying as of yet...but hey..we haven't had a reason to ...yet...lol..

    B

    February 20, 2007 9:23 a.m.  

    Post a Comment

    << Home