• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: "Remember the Lessons of the Past"

    Wednesday, February 07, 2007

    "Remember the Lessons of the Past"

    I have been hearing but not hearing the Draenei say "Remember, the Lessons of the Past". And tonight - I hear. I remember. I remember the roses, and the thorns. Thing is - the roses were so pretty, and are so much easier to remember for someone like me. I see roses where there are only buds, and I see roses where none are left between the thorns. It is a blessing and a curse.


    So little time
    Try to understand that I'm
    Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
    I try to stay awake and remember my name
    But everybody's changing and I don't feel the same
    -- Keane

    What does it say about me though... What does my refusal to see the thorns do to my life?

    What am I supposed to do
    When it's all a lie
    Where am I supposed to go
    When it's dark outside
    What am I supposed to do
    When it's all a lie
    Lie to me [6X]
    One last time
    -- George, Lie to Me

    OMG 94.5 The Beat is taking over, OMG! I'm turning all sentimental! :-) That song has been stuck in my head for weeks now, and it is *such* a soppy song!

    Everybody knows the deal fell through.
    I was hoping I could just blame you.
    When was it that I became so soft?
    This sentimentality doesn't look good on me.
    -- Barenaked Ladies, Thanks, that was Fun

    Labels:

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sentimentality is simply one aspect of all human's emotional make ups. There is no shame. It only is.

    I think becoming sentimaental is simply part of growth. It is an acceptance of one more aspect of ourselves that we were afraid to show or even acknowledge when we were younger. Just my opinion

    Trent :)

    February 15, 2007 9:16 a.m.  

    Post a Comment

    << Home