• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Through the Looking Glass

    Thursday, January 25, 2007

    Through the Looking Glass

    Nothing to hold onto but the smoke that spins my head. Clear metal strings fold cold aluminium foil over my forehead, drums trickling down my immobile cheeks.

    I let go of the world that was holding
    a passenger that could not fly
    in search of souls
    souls in search of something
    let it go
    let it slide
    -- Our Lady Peace, Starseed


    Diving down finding the burning turmoil beneath. Play nice now. Always play nice now.

    So I had to break the window
    It just had to be
    Better that I break the window
    Than him or her or me
    -- Fiona Apple, Window


    Taken apart and back together again,
    Hooks removed and vultures slain
    Let's pretend there's a way of getting through into it, somehow, Kitty. Let's pretend the glass has got all soft like gauze, so that we can get through. Why, it's turning into a sort of mist now, I declare! It'll be easy enough to get through—' She was up on the chimney-piece while she said this, though she hardly knew how she had got there. And certainly the glass was beginning to melt away, just like a bright silvery mist.
    -- Alice through the Looking Glass

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Earguy said...

    Romantic as this move through the mirror may sound, you know of course hat Lewis Carroll modeled the book on a chess game. And chess is often regarded as an extremely logical and mathematical game.

    Although... a fierce fight of two minds hovering over wooden pieces, where it's often up to the Queen to capture the King, is quite romantic, don't you think?

    Did I mention I really like the Alice books?

    January 26, 2007 5:59 a.m.  

    Post a Comment

    << Home