• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: From Tali to her Grandma

    Wednesday, January 24, 2007

    From Tali to her Grandma

    From Tali (Bob's daughter) to her grandma. Tali, I wish I had the grace to say it so beautifully.

    To My Grandma and My Family.
    On account of her death, on Jan. 17 2007.
    A week before she died and a few days before I left to study yoga, Grandma told me, proudly, that she would be returning in the next life as an eagle. To this Jim can attest. So I found it no small surprise that on Jan. 17th at around 1 o'clock. a magnificent bald eagle swooped down out of the sky. As she turned gracefully away, I remembered thinking that I had witnessed something special. When I recieved the phone call at 5.30pm from Dad letting me know she had passed on, I quickly remembered the eagle from lunch.
    As I awoke the next morning, it again struck me, my grandmas wisdom came flooding back. In Hatha yoga at 7am on Jan 18th, the pose that we were to explore and reflect on was ....of course, the eagle. grandma made an impact.
    the following wisdom ensued. Though grandma was not a spiritual woman by any bold definition, she certainly was a strong one. She taught me in those moments as my body twisted into the eagle position, that strength and grace are not determined by how we enter into the world, for we all come in kicking and screaming, but for how we exit.
    Grandmas goodbyes were thorough and composed, as she was until she died.
    May she rest peacefully and may my family know that she will remain ever in my heart as those teachings.
    Though I cannot be there in person to share with you.
    May the wisdom of her death be an inspiration to my family in their endeavours after her passing.
    sincerely in grace,
    natalia leigh hautala.


    so dad, mum. jack. whaddya think. read it out if you want at the funeral. i love you all so very much and as i to enter into the world with the grace of a woman not the grief of a child, i will keep that with me.

    namaste kids.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home