• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Groningen in the evening

    Monday, February 12, 2007

    Groningen in the evening


    Groningen in the evening
    Originally uploaded by grunn.
    Saw this picture posted by "Grunn" ... walked these streets so many times in the dark, cobble stones slippery from spilled beer and half-eaten bags of Patat Frites.

    I am not the same person as that student you don't see in the picture. I am barely the same person as last week.
    I will be a better person next week. I will. I will. I hope.

    Many's the time I ran with you down
    The rainy roads of our old town
    Many's the lives we lived in each day
    And buried altogether

    Don't laugh at me
    Don't look away
    You'll follow me back
    With the sun in your eyes
    And on your own
    Bedshaped and legs of stone
    You'll knock on my door and up we'll go
    In white light
    I don't think so
    But what do I know?

    I know you think I'm holding you down
    And I've fallen by the wayside now
    And I don't understand the same things as you
    But I do
    -- Keane, Bedshaped

    Here's to living each day, my friend. Here's to every day being the start of the rest of your life.

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a great shot!

    February 24, 2007 7:48 p.m.  

    Post a Comment

    << Home