• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: SNOW (and some leaves thrown in for good measure)

    Wednesday, January 10, 2007

    SNOW (and some leaves thrown in for good measure)

    So the power went out at the school, and that means we're again spending a cosy day at home. Kids are building a fort with the chairs and blankies, and have picked ABBA and Crazy Frog for the music.
    Irene was kind enough to pick the kids up from daycare yesterday while I wrestled with traffic for three hours to get home via the Second Narrows. Irene fed me a wonderful pork/bean/yam stew. Her husband, Al, came home shortly after we started eating, said he'd just left downtown and the Lion's Gate had reopened, so it only took him a short while to get home :-)

    Irene's mum was 7 months pregnant when she arrived in Vancouver from Holland. Can you imagine, said Irene, giving birth when you can't speak the language? They didn't let husbands into the delivery room then.... Irene would like to take her mum back to Holland and have her revisit old places and share family stories... Can I tell her that the past is gone? Buildings might be there, shells of history, but the warmth has dissipated into the cold air of the present.

    We are the champions my friend!
    And we keep on fighting till the end!
    No time for losers!
    -- Crazy Frog after Queen

    It took all the strength I had
    Not to fall apart
    -- Crazy Frog after Gloria Gaynor

    My faith was put into question... "You do not even believe in God, so what are you going on about!". Maybe I find the questions more interesting than any answers?
    When we say the Lord's Prayer... I think of the 2,000 years that people have been saying that prayer, have been wrestling with these same questions... Isn't that a great connection to the past?

    Last time we met was a low-lit room
    We were as close together as bride and groom
    We ate the food, we drank the wine
    Everybody having a good time
    Except you
    You were talking about the end of the world
    -- U2, End of the World

    I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
    Aint it sad
    And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
    Thats too bad
    In my dreams I have a plan
    If I got me a wealthy man
    I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball...
    -- ABBA, Money Money Money

    Sex is like snow, you never know how many inches you're going to get or how long it will last

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "Sex is like snow, you never know how many inches you're going to get or how long it will last"

    Yeah, but one melts in your mouth and not in your hand.

    January 10, 2007 3:58 p.m.  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think I'm too young and fragile to read your blog anymore Anat

    :)

    January 10, 2007 9:41 p.m.  
    Blogger Jet (Anat) said...

    Oh Jeanne the things I could say would say if only I was foolish enough :)

    Melts in your mouth but not in your hand. Great visual :-)

    January 10, 2007 10:29 p.m.  

    Post a Comment

    << Home