• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Forgiveness

    Monday, December 31, 2007

    Forgiveness

    As I observe the anger in me about all the wrongs, the injustices, all the hurt that was done and WHY? WHY? WHY?

    I still believe we make our own reality.

    I can keep going on, making lists of hurts and wrongs done to me and my loved ones, shouting it so loud in my head and smashing my fist into the wall till my knuckles bleed because it is SO NOT FAIR.... SO WRONG ...

    But doing that keeps me focussed on what is not, on the bad, on the wrong. And the focus on these wrongs in the past, things that have happened and cannot be changed, keeps me focussed on wrongs, on have-nots, on why-do-they-have-when-I-do-not, why-should-I-trust-now, why-should-I-believe-this-time, on the bad, in the Now. My brain has found a train track, and stays with it.

    Forgiveness, I think, is a necessity to allow our souls to be washed clean so that we can continue to focus on the good, on what we have, on how blessed we are. To allow us to trust and believe. To think evil of someone taints our own soul.

    We make our own reality. Life without trust and faith is no life. God, give me the strength to forgive. I need it.

    3Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4Blessed are those who mourn,
    For they shall be comforted.
    5Blessed are the meek,
    For they shall inherit the earth.
    6
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    For they shall be filled.
    7Blessed are the merciful,
    For they shall obtain mercy.
    8Blessed are the pure in heart,
    For they shall see God.
    9Blessed are the peacemakers,
    For they shall be called sons of God.
    10Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake,
    For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    -- Gospel of Matthew


    So - a Happy New Year to All! May we see in 2008 lots of love and kindness and good.
    God bless.

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Gandalf said...

    I think forgiveness is really very difficult to practice. It's so easy to preach that one should 'Forgive and Forget' but when it comes to doing that, it takes a lot of emotional strength.

    February 23, 2008 6:24 p.m.  

    Post a Comment

    << Home