• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Last day at UBC

    Friday, November 30, 2007

    Last day at UBC

    Departing the safe haven. What an eventful three years it has been. I've met some amazing people here, who I will miss. Of course everyone is saying we'll stay in touch. But you know how it goes....

    What a change. Yesterday, when cleaning up the office, I found a diary of sorts - a print-out of a week-in-the-life. Looking at it through the sharp prism of hind-sight... What a fool I was. What fool I was.

    Still - here I am. I fell to pieces but I think - and I could be wrong - I think the glue has healed and has not become a harness to keep out the world. Peeling off a band-aid is painful in many ways... So comforting to have that safety blanket. But the fresh air feels good on my skin.

    Keep the inner child, Ahms said. I try. "It is so unfair, it is not right!" a large part of me still yells. Is it ok sometimes for the inner child to hide in the closet, close the door on the light?

    Snow has fallen on the local mountains. I think you will find me there.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home