• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales

    Tuesday, December 05, 2006


    From this arises the question whether it is better to be loved rather than feared, or feared rather than loved. It might perhaps be answered that we should wish to be both: but since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.
    -- Machiavelli, the Prince, ch.8
    -- encountered in: The Ascension Factor, Bill Ransom and Frank Herbert

    Left by the roadside all alone
    I turned to speak to you right there and you were gone
    You stood and cried and wondered why
    You can't return from where we came
    Why are we born to fade away?
    -- Mobile, Dusting Down the Stars


    I'll never be your beast of burden
    My back is broad but it's a hurting
    All I want is for you to make love to me
    I'll never be your beast of burden
    I've walked for miles my feet are hurting
    All I want is for you to make love to me

    Am I hard enough
    Am I rough enough
    Am I rich enough
    I'm not too blind to see
    -- Rolling Stones, Beast of Burden

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I always just figured he was too afraid to love :)

    December 05, 2006 9:22 p.m.  

    Post a Comment

    << Home