• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Oreos FTW

    Tuesday, November 14, 2006

    Oreos FTW


    It seems that even Warcraft III has cheat codes, can you believe it? :-) "Allyourbasearebelongtous" guarantees an immediate win of that level. Caelan is all for the liberal application of this code, and proudly annouces each win as if he himself had a hand in it.

    Would we wish for cheatcodes in life? For shortcuts? A friend said that he immersed himself in work after his divorce - to come back up for air after a year and find that time had softened the pain. Another friend tells me he partied his brains out for 3 months and then realized he had emptied himself and needed to regroup.

    We all have our escape hatches. I know I have mine, and WoW is one of them. I sometimes wish we could skip this phase. I know my friends tell me it is a time of healing. But at times it feels more like the Spiderman DNA resequencing. Yes, he came out stronger, but...
    he also spent a lot of time afterwards hanging upside down, and what does that tell you? :-)

    There's a difference between a plaster to help the healing and a pill to pretend the wounds aren't there. A bandaid gets lost in the swimming pool, its absence barely noticed. I'll take the Band-Aid any time - provided, of course, it comes with a Barbie or Scoobie-Doo design. I do have my standards.

    Woot! Level 50! :-)

    From the cruel sun
    You were shelter
    You were my shelter and my shade
    == U2, Wild Honey

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home