• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Water

    Monday, March 06, 2006

    Water

    Sandra's sermon draws on the image of water, redemption and rainbow. The covenant with all creation. Living with respect for that unique miracle that is our planet. Water flows through this week ... reflecting the sunlight, as fog clouding my vision on Grouse Mountain, as snow in my hair as I tumble laughing with the kids, as the ice carved by my sharp blades as I supersprint to catch my snowball throwing grinning opponent.

    Tuesday Feb 28th, wonderful sunset for which I had to stop on Marine Drive.


    Saturday March 4. Foggy view as we wait for the sleigh ride from Ski-Wee. The fog was very dense, visibility maybe 50 feet. Skiing on blind faith. Faith, Hope and Love. I'm sure that tree wasn't there a minute ago :-)


    Watched two very different movies on the weekend. "La Grande Seduction"; absolutely hilarious as a small village pulls out all the stops to make a doctor stay.
    And "The Uprising"; utterly unsettling... human dignity in the face of irrational evil. The choices we make. I read "The Pianist" about a year ago, shortly followed by the stories of Eli Wiesel...

    I think you can either focus on the strength and the faith and the amazing ability of people to show love during insane persecution. Or you can focus on the utter evil and dehumanizing force that allows normal people to trample on others. The truth is in what we choose to see. And how we would like our world to be. Living covenant with all creation, the eagles in the sky, the wales breaching the waves, the lowly worm burrowing through the mud.

    If there's a hole in an apple, does that mean there must've been a worm? Forget all the above. Death to the worms. :-)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home