• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Dreaming...

    Monday, January 16, 2006

    Dreaming...


    Jacob's Dream, Arthur Boyd, 1947

    I stand amid the roar
    Of a surf-tormented shore,
    And I hold within my hand
    Grains of the golden sand-
    How few! yet how they creep
    Through my fingers to the deep,
    While I weep–while I weep!

    O God! can I not grasp
    Them with a tighter clasp?
    O God! can I not save
    One from the pitiless wave?
    Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?
    -- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Alan Poe, 1827

    We cannot walk alone.
    And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.
    We cannot turn back.
    Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

    And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

    I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."
    -- Martin Luther King, delivered 28 August 1963, at the Lincoln Memorial, Washington D.C

    Happy Martin Luther King Day Arun. Enjoy your pizza.


    Jacob's Dream, by Marc Chagall

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home