• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: Serenity Prayer

    Wednesday, January 04, 2006

    Serenity Prayer

    God give me the serenity to accept things I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    And Wisdom to know the difference
    -- Serenity Prayer

    God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face
    -- God Put a Smile, Coldplay

    How could I let things
    Get to me so bad?
    Will you hold on to me
    I am feeling frail
    -- Dying in the Sun, Cranberries

    Every day I hear a little scream inside
    Every day that scream is getting louder
    I just want to reach out and touch someone
    'cause I find I need a friend in this dark hour
    -- State of Mind, Fish


    16.
    Empty your mind of all thoughts. Let your heart be at peace. Watch the turmoil of beings but contemplate their return. Each separate being of the universe returns to the common source. Returning to the source is serenity. If you don't realize the source you stumble in confusion and sorrow. When you realize where you come from you naturally become tolerant, disinterested and amused. Kind hearted as a grandmother and dignified as a king. Immersed in the wonder of the Tao you can deal with whatever life brings you and when death comes you are ready.
    -- Tao te Ching

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home