• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: It's life, Jim, but not as we know it

    Thursday, October 27, 2005

    It's life, Jim, but not as we know it

    So I didn't win the $30M. And I didn't win the $40M. I'd better be lucky in love :-)

    Just came back from a coffee run on the SUB. The bell tower was playing music again, and I sat down to listen, warming my hands on the latte. I miss the warmth of summer; the cold of the concrete bench creeps into my bones and won't leave... Today is a beautiful crisp autumn day. Standing on a mountain top, not a soul in sight and I can see for miles. The kaleidoscope leaves lie undisturbed on the ground. Must be those mushrooms, Yves! :-)
    And for those of you who I told that I like X&Y except for "Kingdom Come"... I may be changing my mind. It's growing on me. Stuck in reverse. Woman's prerogative. :-)

    On the ground next to the concrete retaining wall of Klinck lay a "World Poker Tour" 2 of Hearts. I picked it up, and it is now hanging on the overhead cabinet at my desk, held there by the UBC-IT fridge magnet I received yesterday at the UBC-O success celebration.
    I bet you it will bring me luck.
    I'm planning to buy another lottery ticket. If you never try, you'll never know :-) Next 649 jackpot: a paltry $4M...


    What does Rizzen say again? Careful what you wish for. You might get it.

    Professor Good: "My Windows 98 computer tells lies and often forces me to shut down improperly. Such behaviour in a human would be called neurotic."

    Listening to Jean-Michel Jarre - Concerts in China
    More pictures...

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home