• Wobbe's blog
  • Anat Tales: LoTR

    Tuesday, April 03, 2007

    LoTR

    Jens tells me he has been beta-testing the new Lord of the Rings mpog and that he will bring it on Tuesday and show me!!!!

    I can't wait - a game that combines my favourite story world with online game play. Just what I need, another addiction waiting in the wings! :-)

    Kids and I often watch the movie, and recently we started at the beginning again, watching the rolling hills, round houses and gentle flowers, as Gandalf enters the Shire.

    Sam: If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been.
    Frodo: Come on, Sam. Remember what Bilbo used to say: "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

    It is dangerous business, because you never really leave the road behind you, it is there if you just turn your head. Roger says the scars are there, but not to blame the bunch for the apple. Can't help but be scared.

    Lord, what do you want from me.

    Jacob Kahn "I sculpt and paint to give permanence to my feelings about how terrible this world truly is. Nothing is real to me except my own feelings; nothing is true except my own feelings as I seem them all around me in my sculptures and paintings. I know these feelings are true, because if they are not true they would make art that is as terrible as the world."
    -- "My name is Asher Lev", Chaim Potok


    Frodo: I know what you would say, and it would seem like wisdom, but for the warning in my heart.

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know the absolute best name for your LotR Guild:


    "Now recruiting for -STUPID FAT HOBBITSIS-!"

    April 07, 2007 7:32 p.m.  

    Post a Comment

    << Home